Medellin and Antioquia on a motorcycle
Vibrant, cultural, surrounded by nature, and welcoming in many ways, Medellin has undergone a touristic renaissance when compared to the last decades. If you’re looking for motorbike rental in Medellin, day or night entertainment, spectacular landscapes, and tasty dishes along with exciting activities, you have found the right place.
Many tourist crowding the busy streets of this modern city find that a motorcycle rental in Medellin allows them to have a different outlook and appreciation for its beauty. Riding safely by yourself or accompanied by friends, you can enjoy many more attractions, explore the breathtaking natural wonders, and feel free to go anywhere for some new adventures and excitement.
City adventures starting from a scooter rental in Medellin
Not an overstatement, there’s literally a bunch of stuff to do in this colorful metropolis, especially if you’re into renting a scooter in Medellin. Using such means of transportation can get you faster and easier through the crowded streets, avoiding the never-ending traffic.
Ready for an unforgettable experience? Let’s find out where you can take advantage of your motorbike rental Medellin to visit places like:
- Jardín Botánico (Botanic Garden). Pretty much like a green sanctuary in the middle of a concrete jungle, this peaceful space is located in Zona Norte (North Side). Ten blocks wide, it has 400 species of plants and over a thousand animals. Perfect for a downtown picnic flavored with some unexpected sightseeing.
- Plaza de Botero (Botero Square). If you like this renowned Colombian artist, you will surely enjoy for free the 23 oversized sculptures displayed here. Close to the subway, you can also find a pair of museums, street artists/performers and many people from around the world.
- Parque Arví (Arvi Park). Located near the mountains, we recommend you to rent a motorcycle in Medellin to get there. This natural reserve expands over 16 acres of streams, trails and abundant nature to do some trekking, horseback riding, and lose yourself in the wild.
- Parque Lleras (Lleras Park). If you like parties, the ideal destination to look for is downtown El Poblado, an exclusive residential area. Here you can find as many bars you can think of while people celebrate on the streets and drink the night away.
- Parque de Los Pies Descalzos (Bare Feet Square). Right in the heart of this captivating city, you can find this familiar place to hang out, enjoy the fountains or walk on sand. Used as a water park by young and old, it’s the perfect cure during the hot weather.
- Mercados del Río (Del Río Market). Nothing better to remember a country than to taste its gastronomic treats. Located in Ciudad del Río, you can rent a scooter in Medellin if you want to avoid getting stuck in traffic. With many choices to pick from, you’ll have a hard time deciding between eating “arepas, empanadas, buñuelos, bandeja paisa, tinto coffee, ajiaco”, and many other options.
Exploring nature and Paisa culture using our motorcycle rental Medellin
Leaving the city is the perfect excuse to use a motorbike rental in Medellin for traveling and getting a better feel on the road, scenery, traditions and the beauty of Antioquia. Some of the best recommendations are:
- Guatapé. One of the many villages to visit in Colombia, it’s considered a natural wonder because of its many lagoons, colorful houses, colonial streets, and the pier. A 2-hour drive (79 Km) from Medellin, you can a take a day trip to climb El Peñón (220 m) with 719 concrete steps for a 360 view, do watersports in tropical weather or decide to camp.
- Jericó. Another integral part of Paisa culture is this beautiful little town located South East (113 Km) from the city. Ideal for using a motorcycle rental Medellin to travel the 2 and a half hours, it’s full of devotion regarding Santa Madre Laura. Besides enjoying the religious vibes, you will find in this place, you can also visit the temples, museums or do some paragliding.
- Concepción. Also declared World Heritage by Unesco, this village represents the birth-town of independence hero José María Córdova. Filled with mountains, water fountains, and majestic scenery, it’s a quiet place to delight your senses. Apart from its historical preservation, you can’t miss “la ruta de los charcos” (pool’s route), about 5.6 km long and 4 unforgettable spa-like attractions.
- Eje Cafetero (Coffee Cultural Landscape). Between the mountains of Antioquia and Santander you can experience the true nature of the Colombian coffee region. Surrounded by fincas (plantations), you can rent a Motorcycle in Medellin to explore the dirt roads and find the best places in the area. Our suggestion, the Hotel Finca Los Arrayanes in Andes, where you can learn more about the coffee-making process.
- Urrao. This precious village it’s also situated along the South East region (156.6 Km), 4 hr drive from the city. Referred to as Antioquia’s hidden paradise, it’s a place where you can lose yourself among the breathtaking scenery. You can’t leave without ascending to Páramo del Sol (4,080 m), do some trekking in Valle del Penderísco or taste their famous sweet cheese.
- San Carlos. A 3-hour drive if you seize your scooter rental Medellin, this village is located 115.9 km towards the West region of the capital. Besides the city center, this place is well known for its water resources, natural beauty and warm weather (23° C). You’re invited to visit the Nuestra Señora de los Dolores church, La Cascada trail or walk 11 km to Piedra del Tabor (2nd to Guatapé). If you’re into an adventurous bathing experience, you can find plenty of rivers and creeks for your pleasure.
Getting to know Medellin will leave you breathless and wanting to have more time to enjoy these exciting places. For now, we’ve only covered a portion of all the locations and activities promoted in this reborn touristic paradise.
We’re convinced that the best of Colombia resides in our traditions, passion for life and friendliness. If you are willing to rent a motorcycle or scooter in Medellin, and find more about tourist attractions, get in contact with us at Moto Ride Medellin.